Sunday, August 2, 2009

Welcome to the First Drive By

Hello fellow conservatives (and/or those who are only here to laugh at the blogging rookie),

I am new to the blogoshphere as far as contributing to it goes but I have read just about every opinionated blog there is, The American Thinker to The Huffington Post. Now, please don't run at the Huff Po comment. I believe firmly in the adage of know thy enemy. That is why I watch Keith Olberman and Rachael Maddow (it's easier when you are medicated), watching them helps me to reinforce my belief system. All it takes is 10 minutes of Olberman ridiculing Beck or Limbaugh for being mean and nasty and than watch him go on a hate filled tirade right after the commercial break to remind me to never take a liberal seriously and to do everything in my power to convince others to think for themselves.

Anyway, I work for a living and do have a life. The point is that I will occasionally share my thoughts here and invite opinion and discussion, so this spot is for myself and like minded friends to share opinions on important topics. Even liberals are welcome even if for comic relief.

The first thought I would like to share is not an unheard of one: Why do liberals insist that the exact same actions that they condemn from conservatives are acceptable when they do it?

Does anyone else remember the AWOL conspiracy theorists during the 2004 election? The liberals were like pit bulls with a chew toy. Every time any evidence was offered to disprove the stupid rumors, they would add to the suspicion and create new theories. How is this any different from the misguided tenacity shown by birthers? I personally think that it is baseless and that President Obama is an American, just the worst one ever. The same liberals who are putting down the birthers and trying to claim them as representative of all conservatives are the same ones that insisted that President Bush was AWOL despite all evidence to the contrary.

I believe that there are those on both sides of the political spectrum that will go to any length to discredit the opposition regardless of the hypocrisy it creates. The fortunate thing for conservatives is that we do not need to hunt for conspiracy theories to discredit this president or congress, they do it for us. All we have to do is point it out and hope the independents and moderate democrats suddenly come to their senses.

Not holding my breath for that though.

1 comment:

Samaya Young said...

Welcome on Blogger, Charley.
Have fun doing it, and don't let it become an addiction (like me). Seriously, these days I feel like missed something if I don't make my daily post. Hah.

Samaya.

P.S. For what it's worth, I really liked Palin too. :-)