Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How Dare They Organize

I am a little baffled by the MSM and liberal politicians "anger" and accusations of people protesting health care reform being organized by republican organizations and insurance companies. As far as the republican organizations go I will resort to the liberal mindset and say DUH!!

Of course conservatives and republicans are informed and organized by republican organizations. That would be like me being angered or not understanding why abortion rights activists are getting information and staging protests with the help of planned parenthood and the DNC.

God forbid that civil rights protests are backed by the ACLU or the NAACP. I hope Greenpeace never organizes those environmentalists, that would be the beginning of the end!

The point of all this is that the feigned outrage by the Obama Administration that these protests are being organized is ludicrous and I hope that most Americans with the ability to think for themselves have the same reaction that I did. So what? If your Republican Senator or Representative send an email to constituents saying we oppose the health care bill and this is why and if you feel the same way please attend this town hall meeting and let other representatives know, there is nothing evil or diabolical about it. That is the American political process working the way it is supposed to.

A true news story would be if these protesters were being bussed in from 5 states away to argue with a representative that doesn't represent them. Then I would have to say that is going to far. If you know of this happening and can prove it let me know. As far as I can tell the protesters at these meetings have been from the areas of the meeting.

As far as the insurance companies go, if I was in the states right now I would attend my town hall meeting with my representative and I don't know, nor have I had any contact with, anyone who works for an insurance company. Many of my friends who share my views on health care and have gone to these meetings also have no relationship with Insurance companies. All of these accusations are an attempt by the left to associate conservatives with the new demon opposed to health care appointed by Pelosi, insurance companies.

I suggest that Pelosi, Reid and Obama go back to the war room and plan another strategy for this one because demonizing your constituency when they voice opposition is just bad politics.

No comments: