Saturday, August 8, 2009

Community of Dissent

I would like to thank the people who have viewed and encouraged my efforts to get involved and share my point of view through this blog. Some of my friends at my Amazon.com discussion group, despite us probably having wildly divergent ideas politically, have been very supportive. We don't discuss politics there, it's not the place for it.

The support I have seen from other conservative bloggers has been tremendous! First and foremost was the quick and professional manner that Clifton B. took the time to view my blog and offer invaluable advice on how to improve it. He also went out of his way to recommend other people stop by here and take a look around. Having feedback from experienced people cannot be overlooked, especially from those whose own blogs are extremely well written and widely regarded with admiration. I think that it is unlikely that anyone on this site has not heard of him or been to his blog but on the bizarre chance that you haven't please go take a look at

http://anotherblackconservative.blogspot.com/

He will supply relevant information from an important point of view.

Lastly I would like to thank the editor of American Thinker, Thomas Lifson, for reviewing an article submission for me. American Thinker is one of the best sites for articles and blogs on the internet and you know if one of your submissions are posted there then your writing is top notch. I know I am not up to their standard yet but the fact that they are willing to review submissions from a newcomer gives me hope that someday I will be able to articulate my viewpoint in the most effective manner possible.

I am proud to be one of the newest members of the community of dissent and would encourage all people who stop and read these blogs to put their own voice out there to be heard. Regardless of your background, education level, vocabulary, or writing ability your voice is important and deserves to be heard. If you are new to this, stop by and let me know. I would enjoy reading your posts and returning the same kindness and references that have been extended to me.

1 comment:

Clifton B said...

Hey Charley; much thanks for the kind words. You must drop by ABC and tell us WHEN American Thinker accepts your submission. I'll be looking forward to it.